Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16.05.24 23:06, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 5/16/24 16:57, Jacob Champion wrote:
>> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe we should just make it a policy that *nothing* gets moved forward
>>> from commitfest-to-commitfest and therefore the author needs to care
>>> enough to register for the next one?
>>
>> I think that's going to severely disadvantage anyone who doesn't do
>> this as their day job. Maybe I'm bristling a bit too much at the
>> wording, but not having time to shepherd a patch is not the same as
>> not caring.
>
> Maybe the word "care" was a poor choice, but forcing authors to think
> about and decide if they have the "time to shepherd a patch" for the
> *next CF* is exactly the point. If they don't, why clutter the CF with it.

Objectively, I think this could be quite effective.  You need to prove
your continued interest in your project by pressing a button every two
months.

But there is a high risk that this will double the annoyance for
contributors whose patches aren't getting reviews.  Now, not only are
you being ignored, but you need to prove that you're still there every
two months.

Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose