Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft  (jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/15/24 9:45 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a copy of the PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement
> draft. This contains a user-facing summary of some of the features that
> will be available in the Beta, as well as a call to test. I've made an
> effort to group them logically around the different workflows they affect.
>
> A few notes:
>
> * The section with the features is not 80-char delimited. I will do that
> before the final copy
>
> * There is an explicit callout that we've added in the SQL/JSON features
> that were previously reverted in PG15. I want to ensure we're
> transparent about that, but also use it as a hook to get people testing.
>
> When reviewing:
>
> * Please check for correctness of feature descriptions, keeping in mind
> this is targeted for a general audience
>
> * Please indicate if you believe there's a notable omission, or if we
> should omit any of these callouts
>
> * Please indicate if a description is confusing - I'm happy to rewrite
> to ensure it's clearer.
>
> Please provide feedback no later than Wed 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC. As the
> beta release takes some extra effort, I want to ensure all changes are
> in with time to spare before release day.

Thanks for all the feedback to date. Please see the next revision.
Again, please provide feedback no later than 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft