Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/16/24 8:05 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 5/15/24 21:45, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Please provide feedback no later than Wed 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC. As the
>> beta release takes some extra effort, I want to ensure all changes are
>> in with time to spare before release day.
>
> "You can find information about all of the features and changes found in
> PostgreSQL 17"
>
> Sounds repetitive; maybe:
>
> "Information about all of the features and changes in PostgreSQL 17 can
> be found in the [release notes]"

The first is active voice, the suggestion passive. However, I tightened
the language:

You can find information about all of the PostgreSQL 17 features and
changes in the [release
notes](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/release-17.html):

> "PostgreSQL 17 includes a built-in collation provider that provides
> similar semantics to the `C` collation provided by libc."
>
> I think that needs to mention UTF-8 encoding somehow, and "provided by
> libc" is not really true; maybe:
>
> "PostgreSQL 17 includes a built-in collation provider that provides
> similar sorting semantics to the `C` collation except with UTF-8
> encoding rather than SQL_ASCII."

WFM. Taken verbatim.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft