Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От David Rowley
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 May 2024 at 09:35, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Thanks for all the feedback to date. Please see the next revision.
> Again, please provide feedback no later than 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC.

Thanks for the updates.

> [`COPY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/sql-copy.html) is used to efficiently bulk load data into PostgreSQL, and
withPostgreSQL 17 shows a 2x performance improvement when loading large rows.

The 2x thing mentioned by Jelte is for COPY TO rather than COPY FROM.
So I think "exporting" or "sending large rows to the client"  rather
than "loading".

There's also a stray "with" in that sentence.

David

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: GUC names in messages
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: in parentesis is not usual on DOCs