Re: 12 Silver Bullets

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: 12 Silver Bullets
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 06:15 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 00:22 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
>
> > 2. Robust transactional ACID behavior under all circumstances
>
> Async commit changes that, since it relaxes the Durability aspect.

fsync, too.

I think there are some important differences between PostgreSQL having a
few options which can trade away data safety, and what MySQL does.

1. PostgreSQL is about as safe as you can get with default options.
2. In PostgreSQL, all features are available and all semantic behaviors
are consistent in the safest mode of operation.

Neither of these things are true with MySQL.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis