Re: Violation of NOT NULL

От Wm. G. Urquhart
Тема Re: Violation of NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Mike Mascari wrote:

<snip/>
> Also, if by chance you are coming over from Oracle and expect an empty
> string to be treated as NULL, it is not...
>
> Mike Mascari
> mascarm@mascari.com

Well I have a few years of Oracle behind me and it has to said I was
working on that assumption.

With that said if '' does != NULL then what does? Just NULL? In my book
NULL means undefined and IMHO you can't get more undefined than ''!

I called my stored function passing NULL as a parameter and sure enough
the error was raised. So, what I'm going to have to do now is add code to
either the C++ application or within the script to trap empty $.

Oh well.

--
Regards,

Wm. G. Urquhart