Re: Violation of NOT NULL

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Violation of NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

NULL is unknown. '' is empty. If I don't have a middle name, then my middle
name = ''. If I might have one, but you don't know what it is, then my
middle name IS NULL. (Which is, subtly, not the same thing as = NULL, as
NULL is a state or condition, rather than a value. Nothing is = NULL, not
even NULL itself.)

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant