Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows

От Josef Šimánek
Тема Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Дата
Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Список pgsql-hackers
pá 17. 5. 2024 v 8:09 odesílatel Yasir <yasir.hussain.shah@gmail.com> napsal:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual
Studio'stemp files kept appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this very trivial patch to ignore
thesetemp files.

see
https://docs.github.com/en/get-started/getting-started-with-git/ignoring-files#configuring-ignored-files-for-all-repositories-on-your-computer
for various strategies

Anyway if those are not files specific to your setup (like editor
ones), but files which every PG hacker on Windows will generate as
well (which is this case IMHO), it will make sense to add it into
project's gitignore.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes