Re: Custom prompt

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Custom prompt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/24/2012 11:20 AM, craig@gtek.biz wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> When accessing PostgreSQL via psql, is it possible to make use of a custom prompt? I would like something like
postgres=#instead of just postgres=#. My search was fruitless (see next paragraph).

Should have added:
To make it stick between sessions you can use a psqlrc file. They are
handy for customizing psql in general. These can be system wide or per
user. For more information do a find(psqlrc) on the page I previously
linked to.

> And if I'm allowed two questions in one post, how does one search for a phrase such as "custom prompt" in the mailing
listarchives? Everything I tried found every page with either the word custom, the word prompt, or both words somewhere
inthe message. I just wanted to search for messages containing the exact phrase "custom prompt".

Not sure about that mailing list, but using custom prompt in the search
box in the docs finds the page I posted.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com