Re: Custom prompt

От craig@gtek.biz
Тема Re: Custom prompt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> When accessing PostgreSQL via psql, is it possible to make use of a custom
>> prompt? I would like something like postgres=# instead of just postgres=#. My
>> search was fruitless (see next paragraph).
>
> Should have added:
> To make it stick between sessions you can use a psqlrc file. They are
> handy for customizing psql in general. These can be system wide or per
> user. For more information do a find(psqlrc) on the page I previously
> linked to.

Aha, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

>> And if I'm allowed two questions in one post, how does one search for a phrase
>> such as "custom prompt" in the mailing list archives? Everything I tried found
>> every page with either the word custom, the word prompt, or both words somewhere
>> in the message. I just wanted to search for messages containing the exact phrase
>> "custom prompt".
>
> Not sure about that mailing list, but using custom prompt in the search
> box in the docs finds the page I posted.

It does, but not by that exact phrase. It returns 10 hits, one of which is a page that contains the word "prompts", and
theword "customize":

...prompts psql issues can be customized to your preference. The three variables PROMPT1 PROMPT2 , and PROMPT3...

I'd like to return results that contain the exact phrase "custom prompt", not a lucky hit on similar words that are
physicallyclose to each other. Usually enclosing the phrase in quotes will do it, but not in any PostgreSQL search form
thatI've found.

Sent - Gtek Web Mail