Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Mark Cave-Ayland
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20/05/2024 06:56, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> In general you find that a series consists of 2 parts: 1) a set of refactorings to
> enable a new feature and 2) the new feature itself. Even if the details of 2) are
> still under discussion, often it is possible to merge 1) fairly quickly which also
> has the knock-on effect of reducing the size of later iterations of the series. This
> also helps with new contributors since having parts of the series merged sooner helps
> them feel valued and helps to provide immediate feedback.

[resend due to DKIM header failure]

Something else I also notice is that PostgreSQL doesn't have a MAINTAINERS or
equivalent file, so when submitting patches it's difficult to know who is expected to
review and/or commit changes to a particular part of the codebase (this is true both
with and without the CF system).

ATB,

Mark.