Validate the internal consistency of pg_dump output?

От Ron
Тема Validate the internal consistency of pg_dump output?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In my case, it's directory format backups.

(I'm not asking whether the pg_dump output is exactly the same as the data
in the database; that can only be done inside of  pg_dump, and I don't see
any option for that anyway.)

Is there a tool for validating that:
- there are "\N" lines at the end of every NNNN.dat(.gz) file,
- toc.dat isn't "missing" data at the end of the file, and that
- there are NNNN.dat(.gz) files corresponding to all the tables mentioned in
toc.dat?

The use case would be in validating that pg_dump actually dumped all the
data when there's a question of whether or not it completed.