Re: meson/msys2 fails with plperl/Strawberry

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: meson/msys2 fails with plperl/Strawberry
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-27 Mo 13:18, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

On 2023-03-26 12:39:08 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
First: I am *not* arguing we shouldn't repair building against strawberry perl
with mingw.
Hm - can you describe the failure more - I just tried, and it worked to build
against strawberry perl on mingw, without any issues. All I did was set
-DPERL="c:/strawberrly/perl/bin/perl.exe".
That might be the secret sauce I’m missing. I will be offline for a day or three, will test when I’m back.
It should suffice to put strawberry perl first in PATH. All that the -DPERL
does is to use that, instead of 'perl' from PATH. If putting strawberry perl
ahead in PATH failed, something else must have been going on...

Yeah, What it actually needed was a system upgrade. Sorry for the noise.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan