Re: PITR Phase 1 - partial backport to 7.3.4, 7.3.5

От Потеряев И.Е.
Тема Re: PITR Phase 1 - partial backport to 7.3.4, 7.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Hi, tom

> > I tried to backport Simon Riggs patches for 7.4.x series to 7.3.x
> > with addition of python implementation of pg_arch.
>
> > It can be of interest if you consider to continue using 7.3 series of
> > postgresql.
>
> Surely you jest.

Nope. We have a reason for it.

> You are going to take not-yet-alpha-quality code and backport it into
> a version that only those desperately concerned with stability are still
> running?  Pardon me for failing to get the point.

We need PITR, but our legacy application can't be upgraded to 7.4 Postgresql version
because of autocommit handling change. So I'll try to follow Simon development of PITR
for 7.5 PITR and backport it to 7.3.

Best regards

--
  Igor Poteryaev