Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) writes:

> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) writes:
>
> > "Ken Hirsch" <kenhirsch@myself.com> writes:
> >
> > > I don't have a machine with XFS installed and it will be at least a week
> > > before I could get around to a build.  Any volunteers?
> >
> > I think I could do that... any useful benchmarks to run?
>
> In lack of bigger benchmarks, I tried postgresql 7.1 on a Red Hat
> Linux 7.1 system with the SGI XFS modifications. The differences were
> very small.

And here is the one for ReiserFS - same kernel, but recompiled to turn
off debugging

When compared to the earlier ones (including XFS), you'll note that ReiserFS
performance is rather poor in some of the tests  - it takes 37 vs. 13
seconds for 8192 inserts, when the inserts are different transactions.
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Вложения