Re: -ltermcap needed for psql client build on OpenBSD 2.9

От Tom Stowell
Тема Re: -ltermcap needed for psql client build on OpenBSD 2.9
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
The OpenBSD folks seem to know about this one also.  The ld (1) manpage says:

BUGS
     Shared objects are not properly checked for undefined symbols.
[...]
OpenBSD 2.9      October 14, 1993

In the link you gave, it looked like provisions have been made in the development version of PostgreSQL 7.2 to work
aroundthis.  Kind of a dumb linker bug... but our *BSD friends seem to think it's a feature.  :-)

Thanks,

Tom Stowell

>>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> 08/14/01 16:37 PM >>>

We have disqualified this as a linker bug pending OS developer feedback.
See NetBSD PR 13486:

http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13486

No reponses yet.  Feel free to post this to an OpenBSD forum.