Re: Prefix search, word completion, full text search

От Vincent Bernat
Тема Re: Prefix search, word completion, full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OoO En ce  début de soirée du samedi 29 décembre  2007, vers 21:50, Oleg
Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> disait:

>> GIST or  GIN (I don't remember)  should allow to search  for prefix. How
>> can I query them?

> there is no built-in. For your purpose I'd create separate table with
> words you want to be completed (anywa, you dont complete garbage words)
> and write simple dictionary which generates all prefixes beginning
> from minlen (about 3) for input word and use it to create GIN index.

If I have a table with all  the words that I want to complete, why would
I use something more complex than this?

 SELECT word FROM words WHERE word LIKE 'foo%'

Does such a search can't use normal index?

> Should works. IIRC, someone already asked about such dictionary and even
> posted such dictionary.

Do you  have some keywords to  search for? "dictionary  prefix" does not
match anything useful.

Thanks.
--
Write clearly - don't be too clever.