Re: postmaster of 7.0.3 listening but pslq cannot connect - solved

От 100.179370@germanynet.de (Martin Jacobs)
Тема Re: postmaster of 7.0.3 listening but pslq cannot connect - solved
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Peter Eisentraut schrieb:
> Martin Jacobs writes:
>
> > Now, postmaster is listening, I can connect with telnet, netstat
> > tells that there is a connection, but psql fails to connect to
> > any database.

Solution is:

postmaster generates a socket file in dir /tmp named
.s.PGSQL.5432 This file is the culprit. I have a daily cron job
running, which removes aged files in /tmp. The socket file isn't
changed after coming to life, so my remove job deletes it. This
is the reason why psql can't connect to postmaster.

Ok, I can change my cleanup script. But wouldn't it be better to
hide the socket file in a subdirectory as it is done by the X11 font
server and X11: They write their socket files in subdirectories
/tmp/.font-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix

Suggestion: /tmp/.postgres

Comments?

> What did you do and what response did you get?

Martin Jacobs

--
Dipl-Ing. Martin Jacobs * Windsbach * 100.179370@germanynet.de und
martin.jacobs@an-netz.de