Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-05-09 Th 00:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
see the results here:
	https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html

It will be improved until the final release.  The item count is 188,
which is similar to recent releases:
	release-10:  189	release-11:  170	release-12:  180	release-13:  178	release-14:  220	release-15:  184	release-16:  206	release-17:  188

I welcome feedback.  For some reason it was an easier job than usual.

  • Remove the ability to build Postgres with Visual Studio (Michael Paquier)

    Meson is now the only available Windows build method.

This is a category mistake. What was removed was the special code we had for building with VS, but not the ability to build with VS. You can build with VS using meson (see for example drongo on the buildfarm)

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan