Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface

От Thomas Guyot
Тема Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-02-14 22:44, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:27 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> While catching up with some interesting new threads just now I was
> quite confused by the opening sentence of this message (which also
> arrived in my mailbox):
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1611355191319-0.post%40n3.nabble.com
>
> ... until I got to the last line.  I wonder if the "Resend" facility
> on our own archives could be better advertised, via a "Want to join
> this thread?" link in the Quick Links section that explains how to use
> it and what problem it solves, or something...

Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread, but my take on it as a newjoiner:

Nable didn't seem to work. I got a bounce iirc. The reply/quoting format
was quite uncommon too..

As part of the process I had to join the ML anyway, so I went to the
archives to find the thread I wanted to reply to.

The "download mbox" option doesn't work, I get asked for a user/password
every time (I would've downloaded archives for the lats two months to
get continuation on most threads).

The resend option does work, but you have to wait 30 seconds between
messages, and I like to have the entire thread as it makes it easier to
follow.

Regards,

--
Thomas