What is the format of 'binary' data in the postgresql client/server protocol version 3

От Eric Merritt
Тема What is the format of 'binary' data in the postgresql client/server protocol version 3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Guys,

 I am in the middle of implementing postgresql's client server
protocol and I have run into a little issue. The spec says that in
general data can be of two types, 'text' and 'binary'. The text one is
generally pretty simple to figure out. However, there doesn't seem to
be any area of the docs that details format for 'binary' data. For
example, how do you serialize a float? How about an decimal type?,
etc.

I hope my question is clear and I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,
Eric
--
I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently