Re: Memory alloc exception

От Ron
Тема Re: Memory alloc exception
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/15/21 6:09 AM, paul.malm@lfv.se wrote:

Hi list,

I get this error when running a SQL statement in my Java application.

ERROR: Invalid memory alloc request size 1683636507

Location: File: d:\pginstaller.auto\postgres.windows-x64\src\backend\utils\mmgr\mcxt.c, Routine: MemoryContextAlloc, Line: 779

Server SQLState: XX000

Is Postgresql running on Windows?

What version?

I think it has something with to do with PostgreSQL

This is how I had my postgrsql.conf:

shared_buffers = 128MB

#huge_pages = try

#temp_buffers = 8MB

#max_prepared_transactions = 0

#work_mem = 6MB

work_mem = 64MB

#maintenance_work_mem = 64MB

maintenance_work_mem =  64MB

Then I changed to this postgrsql.conf:

shared_buffers = 4096MB  <<<<<<<,

#huge_pages = try

#temp_buffers = 8MB

#max_prepared_transactions = 0

#work_mem = 6MB

work_mem = 256MB   <<<<<<<

#maintenance_work_mem = 64MB

maintenance_work_mem =  256MB   <<<<<<

And got this error instead:

Org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: AnI/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

Failing hardware?

Сообщение: Memory alloc exception