Re: Connection string

От Harpreet Dhaliwal
Тема Re: Connection string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks alot all.
You guys have been really helpful.
I've crossed the first obstacle, a major one though...Phew.
Let me see where do I trip later :-)

~Harpreet

On 8/13/06, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Postgres is not installed in the client computer.
> When i try to connect to the postgres db from the computer in which postgres
> is installed, it goes through. No hassles in that.
> Problem comes up when I'm trying to connect to the same database from a
> different computer in which no postgres is installed.

If you try installing a seperate installation of pgadmin 3 on the client computer to test remote
with your postgresql server could help you determine where your problem is.

Also, it sounds like you might still have problems in your pg_hba.conf, or postgresql.conf files.

I can't remember if you've already posted them but maybe it would hurt to post them again.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.