Re: JSON type unsupported

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: JSON type unsupported
Дата
Re: JSON type unsupported  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-docs

(http://peter.eisentraut.org/blog/2023/04/18/postgresql-and-sql-2023)it is also said that T801 is supported.

> Perhaps there are some technical details that I am not aware of. However, I wanted to point this out.

Thank you for pointing this out.  Peter's blog is slightly misleading in
that we do have the JSON data type, but the T801 feature is far from
complete.

For example, we do not have the JSON_SERIALIZE(), JSON()[1],
JSON_SCALAR() functions.  We don't have the IS JSON predicate, or a few
other things hiding behind T801.

All in all, I would not say we support the JSON data type the way the
standard intends, and therefore we should not claim to support T801.

[1] This is a fully specified parsing function, not just a cast like we
have today.
--
Vik Fearing