Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2022-12-01 at 16:38 +0100, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> FWIW, we have a custom schema introspection and diff'ing ad-hoc framework,
> and the fact the original SQL is not conserved as-is has also created
> issues for us.
>
> On Oracle, our SQL was preserved as-is, so could be compared reliably. While on
> PostgreSQL, some names-in-SQL are rewritten, the text reformatted,
> etc...
>
> So it's not just a matter of browsing the schema. For us, it's a
> *functional* issue. --DD

This is arguable, but my opinion is that this is not a robust way to
do development.  You should use a schema versioning tool like Liquibase,
develop schema migration scripts and maintain the SQL code in a source
repository like other software.

At any rate, you won't be able to do it in your accustomed way in
PostgreSQL.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe