Re: rewrite pl/pgsql functions to c - remote job

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: rewrite pl/pgsql functions to c - remote job
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 14, 2007 7:50 AM, Marek Lewczuk <newsy@lewczuk.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm looking for a C developer that is able to rewrite pl/pgsql functions
> to PostgreSQL c functions - because we need better performance we would
> like to have all important functions rewritten to c (looking from
> pl/pgsql point of view they are not complicated, so I thing that an C
> export should do it in a moment). If any of you have time and want to
> earn some money, please write me an email.

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to speed up by moving to C?
some things _are_ faster in C procedures, but usually not in the
manner you would expect.  The big reason to write C procedures IMO is
to do things that are normally not possible in other languages.

merlin