Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
20.09.2023 01:51, Thomas Munro wrote:
> The solution in this version is to call get_insert_len() instead of
> using the result of emit_message() for the values returned by the
> advance_XXX() functions.  The result of emit_message() is actually the
> LSN of the following COMMIT record so can't be used directly for
> building xl_prev chains.
>
>> And may be "xlp_prev" is a typo?
> Fixed.

I've retested this version (patches for all branches, plus wal_log_hints,
plus Valgrind, and also retested code changes with my
099_restart_with_stanby.pl) and found no issues. IMHO, this patch is
ready to float off.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Alexander