Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 04:29:38PM +0800, jian he wrote:
> On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 12:04 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
> > see the results here:
> >
> >         https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
> >

> >> Add jsonpath methods to convert JSON values to different data types (Jeevan Chalke)
> >> The jsonpath methods are .bigint(), .boolean(), .date(), .decimal([precision [, scale]]), .integer(), .number(),
.string(),.time(), .time_tz(), .timestamp(), and .timestamp_tz().

> I think it's slightly incorrect.
>
> for example:
> select jsonb_path_query('"2023-08-15"', '$.date()');
> I think it does is trying to validate json value "2023-08-15" can be a
> date value, if so, print json string out, else error out.
>

> "convert JSON values to different data types"
> meaning that we are converting json values to another data type, date?

I see your point.  I have reworded it to be:

    Add jsonpath methods to convert JSON values to other JSON data
    types (Jeevan Chalke)

Does that help?  I think your example is causing confusion because once
JSON values enter the SQL data type space, they are strings.

Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes