Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От bruce@momjian.us
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May  9, 2024 at 11:03:39AM +0000, Hans Buschmann wrote:
> Some findings
>

> 1.
>
> >>Remove adminpack contrib extension (Daniel Gustafsson)
>
> >>This was used by non-end-of-life pgAdmin III.
>

> Perhaps you mean now-end-of-life (s/non/now/)

Yes, fixed to "now end-of-life"

> 2.
> >>All specification of partitioned table access methods (Justin Pryzby, >>
> Soumyadeep Chakraborty, Michael Paquier)
>
> perhaps you mean Allow, otherwise meaning not clear.

Yep, fixed.

> 3.
> >> Add some long options to pg_archivecleanup (Atsushi Torikoshi)
> >>The long options are --debug, --dry-run, and /--strip-extension.
>
> The slash should be omitted.

Fixed, not sure how that got in there.

I have committed all outstanding fixes and updated the doc build:

    https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html

Thank you for all the valuable feedback.

Incidentally, the big surprise for me was the large number of optimizer
improvements.

Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes