Re: pgsql: meson: Add initial version of meson based build system

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pgsql: meson: Add initial version of meson based build system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund
> > This commit broke VPATH builds when the original source directory
> > contains symlinks.
>
> I.e. a symlink to the source directory, not a symlink inside the source
> directory.

Yes.

> Argh, this is missing spaces around the '=', leading to the branch always
> being entered.

Glad I found at least something :)

> Uh, I don't think it does? Afaict this failure is entirely unrelated to 'touch
> meson.build'?  From what I can tell the problem is that config/prep_buildtree
> is invoked with the symlinked path, and that that doesn't seem to work:

Apparently I messed up both the git bisect run and manually
confirm the problem later. Trying again now, the problem has been
existing at least since 2002, probably earlier.

I've been using this directory layout for years, apparently so far
I've always only used non-VPATH builds or dpkg-buildpackage, which
probably canonicalizes the path before building, given it works.

Since no one else has been complaining, it might not be worth fixing.

Sorry for the noise!

Christoph