Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund
> The reason for that is simply that the docs take too long to build.

That why I'd prefer to be able to separate arch:all and arch:any
builds, yes.

> The summary does include both. LLVM is 'llvm', man/html docs is 'docs' and pdf
> docs as 'docs_pdf'.

Sorry, I should have looked closer. :(

> The following is *not* an argument the docs targets shouldn't be documented
> (working on a patch), just something that might be helpful until then /
> separately. You can see which targets are built with
>
> ninja -t targets all|grep doc/src/

Thanks.

> > Oh, that's a showstopper. I thought meson would already be ready for
> > production use. There is indeed an "experimental" note in
> > install-requirements.html, but not in install-meson.html
>
> I'm working on merging it. Having it for core PG isn't a huge difficulty, the
> extension story is what's been holding me back...

In-core extensions or external ones?

> > Why isn't it "auto" like the others?
>
> I don't really remember why I did that, but it's platform specific, maybe
> that's why I did it that way?

Isn't that kind the point of autodetecting things? Aren't bonjour and
bsd_auth autodetected as well?

> > > I don't think the autoconf build currently exposes separately configuring
> > > pkglibdir either, I think that's a debian patch? I'm entirely open to adding
> > > an explicit configuration option for this though.
> >
> > That would definitely be helpful.
>
> I have a patch locally, will send it together with a few others in a bit.

Thanks!

Christoph