Re: Out of memory with "create extension postgis"

От Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Тема Re: Out of memory with "create extension postgis"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
>> we have a very strange behavior on PostgreSQL 12.3 when we try to create the extension postgis. Postgres and postgis have both been installed from packages:
>> The process eats all the available memory and finally dies:
>> # create extension postgis;
>> ERROR:  out of memory
>> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 8265691 in memory context "PortalContext".
>> Time: 773569.877 ms (12:53.570)

>Quite odd.  There should have been a memory context dump written to the
>postmaster's stderr, can you show that?  Also possibly useful would be
>a backtrace (set a breakpoint at errfinish):

>https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

There is nothing in the log file except these (not from today, but the messages are always the same):
2020-07-03 16:52:16 CEST 53617 LOG:  server process (PID 54070) was terminated by signal 9: Killed
2020-07-03 16:52:16 CEST 53617 DETAIL:  Failed process was running: create extension postgis;
2020-07-03 16:52:16 CEST 53617 LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

I will take care of the backtrace

Regards
Daniel