Re: Indexes not always used after inserts/updates/vacuum

От Reinhard Max
Тема Re: Indexes not always used after inserts/updates/vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 at 09:51, Tom Lane wrote:

> Reinhard Max <max@suse.de> writes:
> > I've just found a case where forcing indexscans results in much higher
> > speed.
>
> >         ->  Index Scan using foo_pkey on foo
> >         (cost=0.00..25153.18 rows=352072 width=4)
> >         (actual time=0.03..157.57 rows=38432 loops=1)
>
> The major estimation error is evidently in this indexscan.  What
> statistics does pg_stats show for this table?

See attached file.

BTW, I've just done the same test on PostgreSQL 7.1 and got similar
results.

cu
    Reinhard

От: "Michael G. Martin"
Сообщение: Re: Indexes not always used after inserts/updates/vacuum analyze
Сообщение: Re: Indexes not always used after inserts/updates/vacuum analyze