Re: dump/restore to 7.4devel giving "[archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline"

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: dump/restore to 7.4devel giving "[archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom wrote:
> Hmm, I'd expect it to work --- as you say, it's not hugely surprising if
> there are bugs in there, but I wasn't aware of any.  Can you look more
> closely and find out what's going on --- for example, what shows up in
> the postmaster log with this case:
>
> >    pg_restore: restoring data for table d_ref
> >    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline
> >    pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

The last dozen lines or so are... (sorry if there are any typos,
copy/paste not working).

  COPY d_ref (ref_id, ref_host, ref_path, ref_query) from STDIN;
  IN:  pg_parse_query (postgres.c:393)
  LOG:  Checkpoint segments are being created too frequently (3 secs)
         Consider increasing CHECKPOINT SEGMENTS
  IN:  sigusr1_handler (postmaster.c:2504)
  ERROR: CopyReadAttribute: Literal carriage return data value
  found in input that has newline termination; use \r
  CONTEXT: COPY FROM, line 146178
  IN:  CopyReadAttribute (copy.c:1650)
  FATAL:  Socket command type
   unknown
  IN:  SocketBackend (postgres.c:294)

> One thing to watch out for is that cvs-tip pg_dump won't talk to a
> pre-7.4 server at all (if it does, you've got some shared-library
> misalignment).  That will have to be fixed, but it's not on
> the critical path at the moment.

That could explain everything.  I think (but can't promise) that
I had the cvs-tip pg_dump.  However it's complaining about '\r's
and I see that dumputils.c in cvs-tip looks like it escapes '\r's.
OTOH, I'm happy to run it again if you need to be sure (takes
about 10 hours, so I'd have results next day).

    Ron