Re: immediate set values

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: immediate set values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Something like:

INSERT INTO mytable SELECT 1, * FROM (select 1
                                       union all
                                      select 2
                                       union all
                                      select 3
                                       union all
                                      select 4)

will work, but will run slowly, assuming you'll be inserting more than 4
rows at a time.

You could make a helper table that just contains integers <= n, if n is the
max number of rows you want to insert.

Then

INSERT INTO mytable SELECT 1, i FROM ints WHERE i < 100;

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant