Re: ODBC driver and DSN packaging

От Dave Page
Тема Re: ODBC driver and DSN packaging
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaitra [mailto:chai@ceasewire.com]
Sent: 10 April 2002 18:25
To: dpage@vale-housing.co.uk
Subject: ODBC driver and DSN packaging

Hi Dave,

I saw one of your posting in postgresql.org. I'am sorry for mailing you directly..but i did this expecting some kinda help from you as i'am totally stuck in a problem.

I have a client exe applicaiton now i need to deploy that client applicaiton on different machines. this client applicaiton connects to a remote database...now i need to package this exe along wiht the ODBC driver for the database and the DSN settings for the database.
To create such a installer wat packaging tool should i use and pl. tell me the steps of auto installing the driver and the DSN settings on a client machine.
i'am badly stuck in this problem...pl. help me.

Please use the pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org list for future questions.

The easiest option is to download the Merge Module distribution of the driver from http://odbc.postgresql.org/ and include the module with you installer, built using any Windows Installer aware installation tool such as a recent Installshield or Wise for Windows Installer (which I use). In Wise, to create a DSN on the client, you just select it when building your installation and the settings are imported. I don't know about Installshield.

Regards, Dave.