RE: [suggestion]support UNICODE host variables in ECPG

От Nagaura, Ryohei
Тема RE: [suggestion]support UNICODE host variables in ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matsumura-san, Tsunakawa-san

Thank you for reply.

Tsunakawa-san
> * What's the benefit of supporting UTF16 in host variables?
There are two benefits.
1) As byte per character is constant in UTF16 encoding, it can process strings more efficiently than other encodings.
2) This enables C programmers to use wide characters.

> * Does your proposal comply with the SQL standard?  If not, what does the
> SQL standard say about support for UTF16?
I referred to the document, but I could not find it.
Does anyone know about this?

> * Why only Windows?
It should be implemented in other OS if needed.

Matsumura-san
> I understand that the previous discussion pointed that the feature had
> better be implemented more simply or step-by-step and description about
> implementation is needed more.
> I also think it prevented the discussion to reach to the detail of feature.
> What is your opinion about it?
I wanted to discuss the necessity first, so I did not answer.
I'm very sorry for not having mentioned it.
If it is judged that this function is necessary, I'll remake the design.

Best regards,
Ryohei Nagaura

От: "Yuzuko Hosoya"
Сообщение: RE: Improve selectivity estimate for range queries
От: "Kato, Sho"
Сообщение: Performance of SELECT in a table partitioned into a lot