Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 12:04 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
see the results here:

        https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html

Thanks for working on that.

For this item:

Allow the optimizer to improve CTE plans by using the sort order of
columns referenced in earlier CTE clauses (Jian Guo)

I think you mean a65724dfa.  The author should be 'Richard Guo'.

And I'm wondering if it is more accurate to state it as "Allow the
optimizer to improve plans for the outer query by leveraging the sort
order of a CTE's output."

I think maybe a similar revision can be applied to the item just above
this one.

Thanks
Richard