Re: What constitutes "reproducible" numbers from pgbench?

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: What constitutes "reproducible" numbers from pgbench?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:21 AM,
<Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@it.nrw.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Exactly what constitutes „reproducible“ values from pgbench?  I keep getting
> a range between 340 tps and 440 tps or something like that using the same
> command line on the same machine.  Is that reproducible enough?

Nope, it is not. Is PostgreSQL the only resource consuming (IO,
memory, CPU, etc) program running there?

By reproducible, meaning the tps numbers you get shall be close,
within several percent, if nothing changed with your runs. You can try
a selection only (-S) pgbench first.

Regards,
Qingqing

Сообщение: What constitutes "reproducible" numbers from pgbench?
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: What constitutes "reproducible" numbers from pgbench?