Re: Deferred constraint trigger semantics

От alias
Тема Re: Deferred constraint trigger semantics
Дата
Список pgsql-general

It adds the "initially deferred" decoration to the "create constraint trigger" statement. This is (still) the result:

INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 10, n = 5
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 20, n = 5
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 30, n = 5
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 40, n = 5
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 50, n = 5
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 60, n = 8
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 70, n = 8
INFO:  trg fired. new.v = 80, n = 8
Because You can do
create constraint trigger trg
after insert on t2
deferrable initially deferred
for each row
execute function trg_fn();

You didn't explicitly defer the trigger trg on t1!. That means after you insert on t1 then the trigger trg on t1 invoked rather than on commit time.
If you
create constraint trigger trg
after insert on t1
deferrable initially deferred
for each row
execute function trg_fn();

create constraint trigger trg
after insert on t2
deferrable initially deferred
for each row
execute function trg_fn();
then you will get
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 10, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 20, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 30, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 40, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 50, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 60, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 70, n = 8
INFO:  00000: trg fired. new.v = 80, n = 8