Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
> see the results here:
>
>         https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
>
> It will be improved until the final release.  The item count is 188,
> which is similar to recent releases:

Thanks for working on this.

I believe the part of the 64-bit XIDs patchset that was delivered in
PG17 is worth highlighting in "E.1.3.10. Source Code" section:

4ed8f0913bfd
2cdf131c46e6
5a1dfde8334b
a60b8a58f435

All this can probably be summarized as one bullet "Index SLRUs by
64-bit integers rather than by 32-bit ones" where the authors are:
Maxim Orlov, Aleksander Alekseev, Alexander Korotkov, Teodor Sigaev,
Nikita Glukhov, Pavel Borisov, Yura Sokolov.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev