Re: FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)
Дата
Re: FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 12:55 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> That's a reasonable thing to worry about.  We could do wrong by trying too
> hard to use an FSM slot, and we could do wrong by not trying hard enough.

Although it's not related to the problem you're working on, it seems
like a good opportunity to bring up a concern about the FSM that I
don't believe was discussed at any point in the past few years: I
wonder if the way that fsm_search_avail() sometimes updates
fsmpage->fp_next_slot with only a shared lock on the page could cause
problems. At the very least, it's weird that we allow it.

--
Peter Geoghegan