Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Perhaps this feature could co-exist with a full blown configuration for
pg_dump, but even then there's certainly issues with what's proposed-
how would you handle explicitly asking for a table which is named
"  mytable" to be included or excluded?  Or a table which has a newline
in it?  Using a standardized format which supports the full range of
what we do in a table name, explicitly and clearly, would address these
issues and also give us the flexibility to extend the options which
could be used through the configuration file beyond just the filters in
the future.

This is the correct argument - I will check a possibility to use strange names, but there is the same possibility and functionality like we allow from the command line. So you can use double quoted names. I'll check it.

I checked

echo "+t \"bad Name\"" | /usr/local/pgsql/master/bin/pg_dump --filter=/dev/stdin

It is working without any problem

Regards

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Сообщение: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file