Re: Question on cast string to date

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Question on cast string to date
Дата
Список pgsql-general

út 10. 5. 2022 v 6:28 odesílatel 正华吕 <kainwen@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi,

    I test the following SQL in pg15dev (seems same behavior as the previous version).

    select '2020701'::date;
    date
   ------------
    0202-07-01
   (1 row)

   At the first glance, the result seems quite strange.

   Go through the code, postgres use date_in to do the cast, and firstly use last 2 chars to
   get the day, and the 2 chars to get the month, and all remaining chars as year.

   The question here is: should we throw error for such input? Or what standard postgres is
   using to cast such kind of string?

This is ISO format

Regards

Pavel