Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt

От Mohamed Wael Khobalatte
Тема Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 4:45 PM Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl <ipluta@wp.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2020-07-21 o 17:30, Mohamed Wael Khobalatte pisze:
> we are planning to move some primary keys from int to bigint because we are approaching the type limit
If that does not break your business logic, you might arrange to use the negative half of the ::int
value range. Ugly, but this might at least buy you some time before finding the definite and elegant
way, if you are under some pressure. I do not recommend this, but this is what once saved my life
(or at least one night), after I realized that my PK already reached the limit :-).

Very clever. I think we are set with the current approach. The issue was more how much downtime, not how fast we are approaching the limit (which is also a real issue but not of concern in this thread).

От: "Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl"
Сообщение: Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt
От: Surya Widyanto
Сообщение: Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10