best config

От Roberto Scattini
Тема best config
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi list,

we have two new dell poweredge r720. based on recommendations from this
list we have configued the five disks in raid10 + 1 hotspare.

now we are looking for advice in the postgres installation for our setup.

we have two databases. one for a lot of small apps and one for one big app
with a lot of data and a lot of usage.
we want to use streaming replication to have a functional copy of databases
in a failure.

one of the ideas is to have one database running on each server, and then
have another instance of the other database running in streaming
replication (i mean, crossed replications).

the other idea is to have both databases running in one server and backup
everything in the other with streaming replication.

which alternative would you use?

do you have any other idea to recommend me?

thanks in advance

--
Roberto Scattini