Re: Docs: Always use true|false instead of sometimes on|off for the subscription options

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Docs: Always use true|false instead of sometimes on|off for the subscription options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 16 May 2024 at 12:29, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are lots of subscription options listed on the CREATE
> SUBSCRIPTION page [1].
>
> Although these boolean options are capable of accepting different
> values like "1|0", "on|off", "true|false", here they are all described
> only using values "true|false".

If you want to do this, what's the reason to limit it to just this one
page of the docs?

If the following is anything to go by, it doesn't seem we're very
consistent about this over the entire documentation.

doc$ git grep "<literal>on</literal>" | wc -l
122

doc$ git grep "<literal>true</literal>" | wc -l
222

And:

doc$ git grep "<literal>off</literal>" | wc -l
102

doc$ git grep "<literal>false</literal>" | wc -l
162

I think unless we're going to standardise on something then there's
not much point in adjusting individual cases. IMO, there could be an
endless stream of follow-on patches as a result of accepting this.

David

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft