Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От David Rowley
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 11 May 2024 at 17:32, Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213@163.com> wrote:
> Do you think we need to add the following 2 items?
>
> - 9f133763961e280d8ba692bcad0b061b861e9138 this is an optimizer
>   transform improvement.

I think this should be in the release notes.

Suggest:

* Allow correlated IN subqueries to be transformed into joins (Andy
Fan, Tom Lane)

> - a8a968a8212ee3ef7f22795c834b33d871fac262 this is an optimizer costing
>   improvement.
>
> Both of them can generate a better plan on some cases.

I think this should be present too.

Suggest:

* Improve optimizer's ability to use cheap startup plans when querying
partitioned tables, inheritance parents and for UNION ALL (Andy Fan,
David Rowley)

Both under "E.1.3.1.1. Optimizer"

David