Re: BUG #16628: Hostame and string connection functions

От Anderson Antunes
Тема Re: BUG #16628: Hostame and string connection functions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I'll look. Thanks.

Em sex., 28 de abr. de 2023 às 15:47, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> escreveu:
On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 11:57:06AM -0300, Anderson Antunes wrote:
> I'm sorry for not responding earlier. She ended up falling into spam. I solved
> it by creating a specific variable in the postgresql configuration file.
>
> If it's not too much trouble, I have another question: my name is Anderson
> Antunes. I live in Brazil. I'm doing research for a master's project about
> pseudo random numbers and would like to know more information about the random
> () function used to randomly order a set of records. I tried to search through
> the site that offers the source code but I couldn't identify the exact
> implementation of this function.

Looks like random() internally is called drandom():

        \x
        \df+ random
        List of functions
        -[ RECORD 1 ]-------+-----------------
        Schema              | pg_catalog
        Name                | random
        Result data type    | double precision
        Argument data types |
        Type                | func
        Volatility          | volatile
        Parallel            | restricted
        Owner               | postgres
        Security            | invoker
        Access privileges   |
        Language            | internal
-->     Internal name       | drandom
        Description         | random value

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

  Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
  which you will never be.

--
Atenciosamente,
Anderson Antunes