Re: BUG #18019: misbehaviour by replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: BUG #18019: misbehaviour by replication
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 2:33 PM André Kutepow <a.kutepow@prodat-sql.de> wrote:

> > When you updated that filter column from TRUE to FALSE, we think you hoped that it would not replicate.
> no, I hoped thar it would replicate, but I was hoping to get an error in
> the log that this was not possible, since this record is referenced from
> another table and cannot be simply deleted, what we see by a regular
> DELETE attempt

By default, triggers are not enabled while applying the changes on the
subscriber side. You can use Alter Table .. Enable Trigger command to
enable it as mentioned in docs [1] as well (The apply process on the
subscriber ...).

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/logical-replication-architecture.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18019: misbehaviour by replication
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18019: misbehaviour by replication